On Sale Now - Only $149
Hurry, limited time offer!
Commercial Site Design with Civil 3D
The Commercial Site Design Training Videos by AGT teaches the beginner as well as the experienced designer to use the tremendous power and agility of Autodesk Civil 3D to design shopping centers, office complexes and other commercial sites. Watch the instructor as he goes through every step to complete the project, explaining every move in detail.
Taught by a practicing civil engineer, this lesson series takes you chronologically through a real project starting with importing the field data through creating the final sheets for construction plans. Along the way we'll cover creation of the existing surface and planimetrics; then creation of the proposed site, with building, curbs, and utilities; followed by the creation of the proposed surface, pipes and profiles. The series also includes using appropriate layers and layer states.
As an added bonus, all of the drawings, field files and templates used in this series are included!
Lesson Highlights for Commercial Site Design with Civil 3D
- Introduction and Overview
- Prototypes and Projects Settings
- Using Vault
- The prototype drawing
- Creating a new project and drawing in Vault
- Processing the Field Data
- Creating and editing point styles
- Point label styles
- Description keys
- Figure prefix database
- Importing the field book file
- Creating the boundary & existing entities
- Parcel styles, line label styles, area label styles
- Creating the parcels, editing the styles
- Drawing in building lines, easements, labeling entities, etc.
- Creating the existing ground surface
- Surface styles and data types
- Creating the surface
- Surface styles
- Label the contours, edit the surface, smooth the surface.
- Laying out the proposed building/curbs/utilities
- Laying out the proposed parking/entrance
- Inserting the building
- Creating proposed grading/surface
- Figuring out slopes, spot elevations
- Creating feature lines for the curb and building
- Editing feature lines
- Creating the grading group/objects
- Creating the surface/editing the surface
- Sewer/Storm/Water plan & profiles
- Lay out proposed water
- Pipe network parts lists
- Creating existing sewer network
- Creating proposed water/sewer/storm networks
- Creating alignments/profiles/profile views
- Creating layer states and layouts from a template
- Adding additional plan info
- Creating the layer states
- Plan templates (plan and detail sheets)
- Adding a sheet set
- Saving as a template drawing
- Summary and review
Requirements: Pentium or faster computer, 1280 x 960 or higher video resolution, sound card and speakers, CD-ROM drive, 256 MB RAM. Windows XP and above for most versions. Macromedia flash player 5.0 or higher.
Basic installation requires 10 MB hard drive space. Additional hard drive space is required if you choose to store the lesson files on your hard drive instead of running them from the CD-ROM. Note that lesson files can be stored on a network hard drive and shared among other registered users of the product. (A separate copy must be purchased for each computer that you wish to run the software on.)